Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Birthday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztoSUhbNntQ&feature=related

What do people feel on their birthdays, I often wonder? We always wish people a happy birthday. Is it because we know they will be sad? And is it also why we give them presents? 'Hey, I understand it's your birthday, but look, here is something to cheer you up!'
I have never felt overjoyed on my birthday, as far as I can remember. On the contrary, I always get quite worried because now I have less time for all my ambitions. So I see no reasons to celebrate. even though I do enjoy the present part.

But I don’t feel depressed on my birthday either. I treat everyday like my birthday, working hard to spoil myself rotten. And over the years of practice, I excel at it.

Birthday cake is something else though. I love all sweets, so I can tolerate any birthday if there is a cake. But I can’t really say I believe in birthday wishes. I used to make only one wish: I wish all my wishes come true!

Having said that, I do have a wish for my birthday this year, and every year in fact. And this is not only for me, but also for you. I wish we all get to be with someone we love on our birthday. That's what makes birthday really special.

No comments: