Friday, December 2, 2011

Play The Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_5O-nUiZ_0

I know it's men's instinct to hunt and women's duty to run. But I still have doubts.

“Treat them mean, keep them keen" is one of the golden rules in the book The Rules, although many mothers have been passing this ancient wisdom to their daughters, generations after generations.

Well, my mum did. She always says men don't cherish anything if it comes too easy. But apparently I have never learned. I still don't know how to play hard to get. Honestly, I totally suck at this game.

Anyway I don’t have to play hard to get, because I am naturally so. I trust people very easily, but I don’t give my heart away without struggle.

On the other hand, I also don't know how to chase a man. In fact, I've never chased any, although I might’ve encouraged some just to see what would happen next, but only when I really liked them of course.

Men chase, and women let them. I suppose that’s how it works. I am not sure what it would be like if you reversed the roles. A friend told me his wife is still complaining today that she had to be the one who popped the question 20 years ago. So does he now feel forever trapped and she never quite satisfied?

I don’t know. And I am also wondering if my mum is right, are there no men out there intelligent enough to cherish a woman who they might for whatever reason consider “easy to get”? Or do women really have to play the game?

No comments: